Many parents don’t realize that taking care of their children’s teeth while they’re young is extremely important. Sometimes, this task can be tough—especially for children that have their own apprehensions about the dentist. Social media, television, and sometimes their own parent’s ideals about sitting in a dental chair can make them afraid to visit their family dentist in New Braunfels. Dr. David Earnest and the rest of our friendly team at Comal Dental is here to assure you and your child that we’re here to provide uplifting, positive dental experiences that will make each dental visit more fun every time.
It’s Important That Your Child Visit the Dentist
If you’ve already had your own past negative dental experiences, it’s critical to keep those unfortunate moments to yourself rather than sharing them with your little ones. Children’s dentistry not only sets the tone for both their oral health, but their overall health as well. Comal Dental is here to make sure that your child receives the dental care their teeth and gums desperately need to develop and grow into healthy teens and adults. By visiting our dental office while your child is young, you’ll be:
- Strengthening their one-on-one relationship with their dentist in New Braunfels.
- Instilling positive dental experiences that will last throughout their dental health journey.
- Learning the best ways for both you and your child to take care of their teeth and gums at home as they develop through different stages.
What to Expect During Your Child’s Dental Appointment
Routine dental appointments for your children are just as important as dental appointments every 6 months for adults, if not more. A child’s mouth is constantly undergoing changes as they get older and their body develops. Critical shifts could happen in their smile as teeth erupt. Unfortunately, these shifts could cause complications down the line if they aren’t addressed early on. By visiting Comal dental for a children’s dental appointment, you can expect:
- A thorough dental exam to check the inner and outer workings of their smile, teeth, and gums.
- A professional cleaning to reach areas that your child may not be proficient enough to reach depending on their age.
- Preventive dental products like fluoride and dental sealants to prevent cavities and tooth decay.
- Hands on, one-on-one education for you and your child on how to properly care for your little one’s smile at home.
Prepping Your Child for Their First Dental Appointment
As their parent, you play a major role in how they interpret situations happening around them—including their dental appointments. If you just called to schedule a dental appointment for your son or daughter, try to introduce them to positive ideas about the dentist’s office. These tips may help:
- Watch positive cartoons or animations on YouTube about happy, fun experiences at the dentist.
- Educate your children on how the dentist is here to help them, not hurt them.
- Keep any negative experiences you may have had in the past from your children to keep them calm when they visit.
- Show them our website so they can be familiar with our office team when it comes time to meet us in person.
If you need more help with introducing your children to the idea of visiting their dentist, call us today! We would be happy to help you keep your child’s teeth shining brightly with compassionate dental care.