Are you tired of ill-fitting dentures that cause you to have speech issues and problems eating your favorite foods? The last thing that you would expect after restoring your teeth is to have further oral health problems. If you are having issues, you probably need a more stable tooth replacement option like implant retained dentures in New Braunfels.
What Are Implant Retained Dentures?
Implant supported dentures are a tooth replacement solution for patients who have more than one missing tooth. If you have missing teeth in different parts of your smile between your natural teeth or if you have full arches of teeth that have been missing, you may have explored your other options like traditional dentures. Or, maybe you haven’t found your best solution yet. Either way, your dentist in New Braunfels will recommend dental implants to attach your personalized dental prosthetic. This will help you find new stability and repair your smile.
Your custom dentures will finally be permanently secured to the jaw, staying in place through all wear and tear. You won’t have to worry about the typical problems that dentures pose, like adhesives and slippage.
How Do You Get Implant Retained Dentures?
When you consider getting dental implants to attach your dentures to, the very first step that you’ll need to complete is a consultation with your dentist in New Braunfels. This way, your dentist can understand what level of tooth loss you’re facing and can help you develop a plan to solve it. Here’s the process:
- After your dentist understands that you are a good candidate for implant retained dentures, your dentist will move forward with planning the placement of your implant posts.
- During your appointment for the surgical placement, you’ll receive a local anesthetic to numb specific areas in your mouth. Ask about sedation dentistry to completely relax you.
- Then, your dentist will open the jaw to place your dental implants. You’ll have a period of healing after your appointment to allow the implants to fuse with the jaw, then your dentist will attach your prosthetic with the help of an abutment.
How Do Implant Retained Dentures Help Patients?
If a more secure smile isn’t enough reason to get implant retained dentures, you might want to consider these other benefits as well:
- More stable, stronger jaw bone.
- Increased confidence with a more youthful look.
- Eliminate denture adhesives.
- Speak without issues.
- Chew the foods you love and healthier, natural foods that your body needs.
- A permanent tooth replacement that will last with the proper care.
If you are dealing with a tooth loss and it’s negatively effecting your life, there’s no need to wait for help any longer. Feel free to reach out to your local dentist for assistance.
About Our Office
Here at Comal Dental, we don’t offer dental care as a solution that won’t last as long as you need it to—or pose other problems that you’ll have to face. We want to provide real solutions that solve your real-life problems. Learn more about how we can help you by contacting our office today.